SourceTree: Is there any way to turn off file preview / diff on a file or file type?

I've got a large file that happens to be stored in text (Adobe Illustrator), and every time I make even a tiny change the entire file gets previewed with green/red lines in SourceTree. It brings ST to a crawl for 20 seconds, while it goes line by line through the file for changes. I really don't need to see the file previewed at all, so is there any way to tell ST that I'm not interested in previewing or diffing the file? I would be happy to give up previewing on all files of type .ai if necessary.

This is on Mac, if it matters.

2 answers

1 accepted

Thanks to Steve Samuels, who answered it in this thread.

Use the Diff panel in preferences, edit filter by file type, add the file type (ex: "*.ai"), and then RESTART SOURCE TREE for it to take effect.

This works. Would be great though if you could disable the diff preview ONLY when selecting multiple files.

Comparing a single png works fine on my Macbook Pro with SSD, but when you select 5 or more it just grinds to a halt.

Hi there,

I am using the Windows version 1.6.11.0. Is this still in there. Cannot find it.

I can find a filter to show only certain files in the unstaged/staged section.

But I would like to disable the preview of the diff on certain files (I am having compiled files which take about 5 seconds to show on the right (preview) panel). These I would like to hide.

Max File Count 0 to disable

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Off-topic

Get to know our Atlassian User Group Leaders from Bengaluru, India

Meet @Dinesh Dhinakaran, @Vishnu Vasudeva, @Rajeev Verma, and Jamshid Nalakath: Our extraordinary AUG leaders from Bengaluru, India. These four work together to strengthen the bonds of their local co...

157 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you