Sorting of comments

CMeylan January 2, 2013

When I add a comment onto one of my spaces the old comment keeps at the top of the page and the new comment falls below it. Is there a way to flip flop this, so the new comment shows first and the old comment falls to the bottom?

** I need to be able to reverse the order on comments on a certain space not for a whole. When i do the following:"If you want to do this per space simply wrap it in {html} tags and place it in the custom header area: Space Admin -> Look And Feel -> Themes -> Configure Theme -> Header."

I recieve an error message on each header of each page that shows below. What am I doing wrong for this not to work correctly?

Unknown macro: {html}

<script>
AJS.toInit(function(){
$comments = AJS.$('#page-comments');
$comments.children().each(function(i,li){$comments.prepend(li)})
});
< /script>

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

I guess not possible in OnDemand. But on an installed variant, David's suggestion will help - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/28999/is-it-possible-to-reverse-the-order-in-which-comments-appear

CMeylan January 3, 2013

** I need to be able to reverse the order on comments on a certain space not for a whole. When i do the following:"If you want to do this per space simply wrap it in {html} tags and place it in the custom header area: Space Admin -> Look And Feel -> Themes -> Configure Theme -> Header."

I recieve an error message on each header of each page that shows below. What am I doing wrong for this not to work correctly?

Unknown macro: {html}

<script>
AJS.toInit(function(){
$comments = AJS.$('#page-comments');
$comments.children().each(function(i,li){$comments.prepend(li)})
});
< /script>

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

{html} macro is not enabled in OnDemand, AFAIK.

CMeylan January 7, 2013

I am not in OnDemand. We are currently an enterprise installation. Is this code possible on this sort of instance? If this code is possible, maybe we could set up a call for you to maybe walk me through this? I really need to get this to work.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

You can enable the html macro if you are an Enterprise Hosted customer. Read https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Enabling+HTML+macros

But remember, once you are migrated to OnDemand this will be turned off.

JohnC November 10, 2014

This works but if you click reply from an email when a new comment is created you will be unable to type into the reply field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events