Some requirements for our Jira

Julian Bonkamp September 16, 2012

Hello!
We have few new requirements for our Jira. We want to use it as a ticket system.
I hope you can help us. Here are the requirements:

• Automatic time recording for working on an issue. The recording should start by choosing "start progress" in Workflow and shoul end by choosing "resolved". The Recordings must be editable.
  • One fixed mail contact for each issue type or component

Can you tell me, if there is a solution? Can you give me a hint for an extensive time reporting tool? Example:employee X inserted Y hours of work in Jira in period Z hours OR employee X worked von issues A,B and C in period Z hours.

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2012

1. No. Users will need to log work done. If you were on your own standalone Jira, you'd have options around scripting and writing plugins to gemerate work logs as part of thw workflow. OnDemand doesn't support that.

2. There are loads of plugins and facilities for this, but the only ones available in OnDemand are the timesheet plugin and Tempo.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2012

Ah, ok.

Well, the two plugins that OnDemand does allow are well worth a look for your reporting, although there are some others in the marketplace that I'm less familiar with and could do the job.

For the automatic logging, I'd probably reach for the script runner plugin, using it to script the automatic logging of work in post-functions on the appropriate transitions.

Julian Bonkamp September 16, 2012

We use ourn own standalone Jira, the tag was wrong. Sorry

Suggest an answer