Some questions

Rasheed Tulsa January 28, 2016

Hi

I am a happy big picture user we’ve had the plugin for about 2 months.

I have some questions.

1.       Artificial tasks. If I create an artificial task is it only visible in that program?  The reason I ask is I have multiple programs (projects) which I have gantt charts for, but I also have a big picture view of all these projects which is driven from  a filter. If I create a artificial task it only displays in the program I create it. Is there any way around this?

2.       Artificial Tasks. Is there any way to create a quick filter to remove them from the view?

3.       Resource view. Is there any way to have a search for issue box in the resource view, like in the gantt view?

4.       In Jira its not possible to assign the same issue to multiple users. Is it possible to do this in resource view? i.e its assigned to one user but is also assigned via a custom field to a second/ third user?

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016
  1. Not yet, as artificial tasks are indeed per-Program. Would it suit you if we added a button to easily convert artificial tasks to standard JIRA tasks, which would make them visible cross-Program?
  2. Not yet, though this is a very good idea! Added to our backlog and will keep you posted.

3. Sure, added this to our backlog, as this is a rather obvious functionality that we somehow missed.

4. Currently not, because Resources uses the JIRA Assignee field and therefore inherits its limitations. However, very soon we will add an option to use a multi-user picker custom field instead of Assignee.

Enric Ribas August 3, 2018

Has #1 been addressed yet?

Seems like a pretty obvious thing for me. I would like to plan out the process and then convert to real tickets. Is this not how people use this?

Thanks.

Ryan Amos October 4, 2018

@Matthew Jagiell1 I think number 1 would be a great added feature. Once this is done then it could be added to multiple programmes if necessary. 

Alvaro Jardón January 2, 2019

@Matthew Jagiell1 any news about the (#4) option to add a multi-user picker instead of Assignee for Resources? I see you talked almost 3 years ago about adding this option very soon, but can't find anything about it yet.

Like # people like this
Keegan Moore April 20, 2020

Is there a way to track #2's progress in the backlog? Is it done yet? I've been wanting this for a while, too. 

Manthan Gogri July 6, 2021

Hi @Matthew Jagiell1 , Is it possible to get an update on when the items that you mentioned are in the backlog when they would be addressed if at all?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events