Single SignOut

Michael Risoli June 2, 2014

I have implemented the "SAML Single SignOn" addon in our Confluence Development environment.

When logging out of Confluence, I am returned back to the out of the box logon screen rather than the SAML provided logon screen.

How do configure the system to redirect the user to the SAML provided logon screen when they logout?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

The kind folks at AppFire helped me figure out the issue.

The solution is:

1. Go to <Confluence-Installation-Directory>/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/
  2. Create a directory and un-jar the confluence-x.x.x.jar [ Where x stands for your confluence version ]
  3. Edit xwork.xml
  4. &lt;action name="logout" class="com.atlassian.confluence.user.actions.LogoutAction"&gt; 
         &lt;interceptor-ref name="defaultStack"/&gt;
         &lt;!-- &lt;result name="error" type="velocity"&gt;/logout.vm&lt;/result&gt; --&gt;
         &lt;!-- &lt;result name="success" type="redirect"&gt;/login.action?logout=true&lt;/result&gt; --&gt;
         &lt;result name="success" type="redirect"&gt;https://www.mysite.com&lt;/result&gt;
    &lt;/action&gt;

5. Rename the old confluence-x.x.x.jar file and copy the newly created one from directory confluence-redirect to <Confluence-Installation-Directory>/confluence/WEB-INF/lib
0 votes
José Gomes Pedro July 13, 2016

I guys,

Any luck on this? I have the same issues regarding confluence 5.5.2. Anyway we can configure seraph-config.xml to logout and redirect to another url?

0 votes

Hi Tiago,

Thanks for your quick response!

I tried the urlrewrite.xml file change and added the lines

&lt;rule&gt;
        &lt;from&gt;^/login.action?logout=true$&lt;/from&gt;
        &lt;to type="redirect"&gt;/dashboard.action&lt;/to&gt;
&lt;/rule&gt;

I restarted the Confluence services, but upon logout, I am still being directed to https://mysite.com/login.action?logout=true

I also tried the seraph-config.xml route, but there wasn't a section for logout.url. I added the following lines and restarted the service, but the results remained unchanged

&lt;init-param&gt;
    &lt;param-name&gt;logout.url&lt;/param-name&gt;
    &lt;param-value&gt;/&lt;/param-value&gt;
&lt;/init-param&gt;

Am I missing something?

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

Hi Michael, two things come to my mind now. You may either edit your seraph-config.xml and edit this portion:

&lt;init-param&gt;
            &lt;param-name&gt;link.login.url&lt;/param-name&gt;
            &lt;param-value&gt;/login.action&lt;/param-value&gt;
        &lt;/init-param&gt;

Or create a rule into the file urlrewrite.xml to redirect http://<confluence_url>/login.action?logout=true to your URL.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events