Show the planning board sorted by Pr# ?

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012

Using the (5.8) Planning board I have a project context which sorts the issues by Pr#.

However the planning board reorders the issues sorted to show initially I thought in key order but now I am not so sure what order.

I know there are no column title deliberately, consequently the board can't be sorted by clicking on the column as in a filter search gadget using the colum order plugin or in a JIRA search.

Is there any way of achieving this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2012

The solution was:

• select the Scrum template in Planning board configuration
  • use a project context to filter the planning board

In the project context | Manage | Sorting, select Pr# as the Field Name

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2012

The sorting is based on the field that you select for the project configuration in GH. Sorting based on a column header is not what GH is designed for.

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2012

This sounds like one can change the sort order. Looking through the configuration tabs, General / Card Styles / Task Board Mapping, there is no such option. Though on the general tab there is a ranking field option, is that what you mean? I have only the rank field though to add. Looking at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Ranking+Issues+in+GreenHopper is does not seem possible to rank via Pr#

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2012

Yes, I meant the same.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2012

But remember, the fields that can be used for Ranking has to be integer type, the rank is an unique value while Priority is not.

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2012

I am looking at changing to the scrum template and investigating ranking. But the restriction on interger types means Pr# can not be used :-(

If someone else has a tip on how to sort/rank by Pr# please chip in!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events