Show tasks by assignee in GreenHopper 6.x?

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2012

I'm on the "work" board (for now default "rapid" board) and I want a quick, easy way to show tasks only for a particular developer.

Is this not possible without setting up a quick filter for each one? That doesn't seem like something I should have to set up for each developer on every project just to get this kind of view. Also, it may muddy that section up if there are something like a dozen or more.

Perhaps I've missed something?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2012

Hi Doug,

You can use swimlanes to categorise the issues. A swimlane is a row on the board that can be used to group issue, and you can group them by Assignees.

Please see Configuring Swimlanes for more details about it.

Cheers,

Clarissa Gautério

Atlassian Support

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

Thanks, though it seems clunky that often I will want stories w/ their sub-tasks as swimlanes and I have to go into configuration to change it.

0 votes
Fred Mastropasqua August 29, 2013

I agree, I'm trying to eval Jira for real-world production from a competing product and I'm finding it's lacking small things in some areas when it comes to real world usage. There a way to add features we want added to Jira somewhere somewhere?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2013

Swimlanes work fine for most people.

If you think you need new features, then you've got three starting points:

• Ask here, people can often help you find features not too obvious at first, find workarounds or offer alternatives
  • Addons can be very powerful
  • Raise it at jira.atlassian.com (after checking for duplicates, of course)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events