Show subtasks on Jira Agile Planning Boards

Steve Atherton April 7, 2017

So I've created numerous projects using the "TMP: Project Management Workflow".  How do I display subtasks on the Board?  I can see tasks, and I can create subtasks but I can't see them on the Board.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

You will be able to see them on the working board, but they're useless noise on the planning board, so JIRA Software does not show them. 

Before you ask, they're just noise in planning because it's nonsense to rank them (outside their containing issue), and planning is about ranking your issues.

Kirill Petruk July 5, 2017

Almost 2 years and tons of comments from customers asking for sub-tasks on their working boards and Backlog and sub-tasks are still "useless noise" and Atlassian does nothing about that.

It's not about ranking them, it's about a clear overview of the tasks progress, estimations, etc... You can drag drop sub-tasks to sub versions or include different sub-tasks to different sprints without breaking the story, epic or whatever to pieces.

Bring back the Greenhopper. It was the best.

Suggest an answer