Sharepoint Connector Authentication Question

Paul Coppola January 28, 2014

I would like to use the Confluence Sharepoint Connector 1.8.2 with Sharepoint 2013. According to the configuration flowchart on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SPCON/Planning+your+Environment+with+SP+2013, we should use NTLM because Confluence is not running on Windows and our corporate policy allows NTLM. However, the NTLM document link "Access SharePoint using Integrated Windows Authentication (NTLM only)" says it applies to Sharepoint 2010 (not 2013) and has a caveat that our "top level site" must specify NTLM as the authentication method, not Kerberos. Does this still apply to Sharepoint 2013? Asking because all of our Sharepoint webapps may soon be set to use Kerberos and it looks like the other authentication method (Basic Authentication and SSL) precludes Kerberos also. Am I out of luck unless we put Confluence itself on Windows?

7 answers

0 votes
Paul Coppola February 4, 2016

We have not embedded any Confluence public spaces that I know of

0 votes
David Doucette February 4, 2016

Do you have any Confluence public spaces (available to anonymous users) that you embed in SharePoint?  We haven't implemented yet and we are wondering how that will act for non-Confluence users in SharePoint and Confluence users who are logged into SharePoint.

0 votes
Paul Coppola February 4, 2016

We have certain site collections in our legacy SharePoint 2007 and our SharePoint 2013 that are permitted to connect to Confluence, so users can logon to Sharepoint and see data from Confluence or vice-versa, no need to logon to both products.  I looked into the SharePoint Online integration last year and at that time Atlassian did not have an offering for that, possible this has changed for 2016...

0 votes
David Doucette February 4, 2016

Thanks Paul.  Does that mean your SharePoint online users and your Confluence on premises users need to login separately to both applications?  Does the SharePoint Connector work with the SharePoint online product?

0 votes
Paul Coppola February 3, 2016

David, this became moot for us since we migrated most of our sites to Sharepoint Online and the remaining Sharepoint 2013 on-prem webapps/sites remained NTLM for the most part.  For what its worth, the connector worked fine on those NTLM sites.  Last I checked there was no connector for Sharepoint Online however, so we still have the same problem in a different place...

0 votes
David Doucette February 2, 2016

Hi Paul,

Did you get an answer on this?  Or have you found a way to use Confluence on Linux with Kerberos for your SharePoint integration?

0 votes
Paul Coppola January 30, 2014

I have submitted this question as a support request to Atlassian today.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events