SharePoint Online index Confluence Content...I need help with this?

shahzad h October 11, 2012

Hi Team,

I am new to Confluence product and in need of some assistance to connect SharePoint online (Office 365) to my Confluence site so that SharePoint can index Confluence site content and show it as part of SharePoint search results.

Setup Info:

----------

. Confluence Site URL: https://confluence-demo.atlassian.net/wiki/

. SharePoint 2013: SharePoint Office 365

I tried:

-------

Now, in SharePoint 2013 I tried creating a 'New Result Source' like following:

. Search Protocol: 'OpenSearch 1.0/1/1'

. Source Url: https://confluence-demo.atlassian.net/wiki/

. Credential Information: Form Authentication

When you pick this option, it asks for a URL and upon entering the URL it presents popup screen with the confluence

screen to log in. So, upon entering the confluence credentials i get an error An error occured when communicating

with the remote server. This my be because the URL provided was malformed or the site might be unavailable or it

could not be reached within the specified timeout or the proxy settings are not configured.

Questions:

---------

1. What are my options to crawl Confluence site content from within SharePoint online?

2. I assume 'OpenSearch' would be one option(might be only one)? If yes, then what do I need to do on my Confluence sit so that SharePoint can use the 'OpenSearch' protocal against my Confluence site?

3. Let's say, using 'OpenSearch', I am able to pull in content from Conluence into SharePoint then how does the security trimming work?

4. While setting up the crawl rule in SharePoint, any guidance on what credential type to use?

I would greatly appreciate your prompt response on this matter.

Thank you for your time.

2 answers

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2012

This setting has never been tested so I'm not too sure if it will work fine without any issue as we only support SP 2007 & SP 2010.

0 votes
shahzad h October 11, 2012

Looks like I might need to install the 'OpenSearch' plugin on my Confluence site. However, if anyone else done this to index content with SharePoint, I would love to hear more about it (ins/out, gotchas etc.)

Michael Hall July 24, 2016

Hi Shazam26 - How did you get on with this? I'm about to try the same thing so am keen to learn if it's possible!

Thanks,

Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events