Share a wallborad to someone that is NOT the user?

Wojciech Winogrodzki September 30, 2012

I have created a dashboard and set it up with Everyone sharing. I was warned that "Sharing with everyone will make this visible to users who are not logged in." - but this is exaclty what I want.

Nevertheless, if I log off, I cannot see issues and the page says that perhaps there are issues, but I have to log in to see them.

So what?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

No, I think, without a lot of work. The idea of wallboards is to look at the screen in a dev area, not publish to the world via www. Anyone thinks different please correct me?

Wojciech Winogrodzki October 2, 2012

Of course. I need such a solution (let them see) for a limited period of time, say, a few days, until a new project is set up. Thank you! While testing my current solution, I became aware of certain inconveniences it implies for me.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2012

Sharing a dashboard doesn't mean anyone can see the underlying issue content. Those users viewing must have project permissions in order to see issues in that project, as all queries are run under the context of the user viewing the Dashboard. When you are logged out, you are unauthorized, so naturally won't be able to see anything.

If you want to allow anonymous browsing of projects contained within your Dashboard, you need to allow Anyone into the BROWSE_PROJECT permissions in the Permission Scheme for that prjoect.

Wojciech Winogrodzki September 30, 2012

Ok, that works, thank you!

But I want to have a user that shall see JUST the wallboard (the black one) without being able to see anything else. If he logs in, he must be directed to the wallboard and must not be able to go anywhere else. Is that possible?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events