Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Crucible to use JIRA user logins

Andy Caan April 18, 2017

Hi,

I am new to JIRA.  I have installed the evaluation version of JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, FishEye and Crucible in the same computer.

The login integration between Confluence & BitBucket and JIRA is fine.
I can use the existing users in JIRA to login to Confluence and BitBucket.

However, I cannot use the existing users in JIRA to login to Crucible/FishEye.
Crucible/FishEye recognizes the users as I cannot create the same users again. But somehow, even with the right password, cannot login.

In Crucible/FishEye, I granted the JIRA software group to have Crucible/FishEye access.
Still, login for JIRA users does not work. Any idea?

For "User Directories", do I have to do something?
Currently, there are two rows in "User Directories":

Internal Directory (inactive) Internal Enable

JIRA Server (inactive) Atlassian Crowd Enable (Synchronisation failed, but I do not recall I ever install Crowd)

Do I need to "Add Directory" Atlassian JIRA? If yes, where can I find the application name and password?

Thanks

Andy

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

1. Go to the Administration > Users and check if you see users from your Jira instance.

2. If not, go to the Administration > User Directories and check if synchronisation with Jira user directory is complete. You've mentioned that you have the error message there - this could be a reason. Check logs what happened. In case you couldn't find anything in logs, enable debug logging via Administration > Server > Debug Logging to get more information.

3. Once synchronisation is complete, go to the Administration > Security Settings > Global permissions and check if your users coming from the Jira directory have the 'FishEye user' or the 'FishEye & Crucible user' permissions granted.

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

Regarding your question:

Synchronisation failed, but I do not recall I ever install Crowd.

You may see "Crowd" keyword in messages or logs, because Fisheye and Crucible use the "Embedded Crowd" component to manage user directories. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events