Settings by default.

Hi, atlassian team.

Could you set all acces permisions for users(groups and etc) on my jira by default, please. When I was learning how it works I tangled in settings to define permissions. I dont have any project at the moment.

if you need more information about my admin account please ask.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

I think you need to raise this with Atlassian support. We're a user community with no access to your systems.

I don't think there's a simple "set rights back" process either. As the admin, you should do it really, as you probably don't quite want a full "reset".

Check that people are in the right groups (the ones you're going to keep)

Check every workflow for conditions, validators and post-functions that may be using users/groups/roles

Check Roles are ok and delete any extra ones

Delete all the groups in your system other than jira-users, jira-developers and jira-administrators

Check that the default permission scheme is good for you

Delete all the permission schemes other than "default"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

105 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot