Setting up Crucible as a service

Is it necessary to first configure Crucible before running it as a service? Crucible runs if I run start.bat, however the service stops after a few seconds:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2013/03/19 15:04:32 | 2013-03-19 15:04:32,739 INFO - Adding secondary content dir of D:\Crucible\content

INFO | jvm 1 | 2013/03/19 15:04:40 | 2013-03-19 15:04:39,927 INFO - Starting database...

INFO | jvm 1 | 2013/03/19 15:04:43 | 2013-03-19 15:04:43,208 INFO - Database started.

INFO | jvm 1 | 2013/03/19 15:04:44 | 2013-03-19 15:04:43,974 ERROR - No default permission scheme exists

INFO | jvm 1 | 2013/03/19 15:04:44 | 2013-03-19 15:04:44,036 ERROR - The Web context could not be started

INFO | jvm 1 | 2013/03/19 15:04:44 | org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'feCruHostApplication' defined in URL [jar:file:/D:/Crucible/fisheye.jar!/com/atlassian/fecru/applinks/FeCruHostApplication.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 1 of type [com.cenqua.crucible.model.managers.ProjectManager]: : Error creating bean with name 'projectManager' defined in URL [jar:file:/D:/Crucible/fisheye.jar!/com/cenqua/crucible/model/managers/impl/DefaultProjectManager.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.PropertyValueException: not-null property references a null or transient value: com.cenqua.crucible.model.Project.permissionScheme; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'projectManager' defined in URL [jar:file:/D:/Crucible/fisheye.jar!/com/cenqua/crucible/model/managers/impl/DefaultProjectManager.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.PropertyValueException: not-null property references a null or transient value: com.cenqua.crucible.model.Project.permissionScheme

INFO | jvm 1 | 2013/03/19 15:04:44 | Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'backup': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?

INFO | jvm 1 | 2013/03/19 15:04:44 | Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityLinkServiceFactoryBean': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?

1 answer

Same ove here. And now I am unable to started normally as well. Also I notice this anwer (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/FishEye+fails+to+start%3A+No+default+permission+scheme+exists) which points to a corrupted installation file. I do not really beleive that is the cause because till I tried to run it as a service everything was OK. I am using Jira 5.2.10, Fisheye/Crucible 2.10.4 and Stash 2.3.0. All hosted in the same Linux machine. Each one running on its own non-root dedicated user and integrated.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 8 hours ago in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

40 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you