Setting permissions by groups

Currently we give access to groups to view tickets; however, they are able to view all tickets in the project. We have our users separated into branches according to which office they are located it. Ideally, we would like to have it setup that if a user at Office A reports an issue, only administrators and managers of Office A can view that ticket. Managers of Office B will not be able to view the ticket. I cannot seem to find a way to do this in the permission schemes. Is there a way to setup custom permissions using IF THEN statements? Please me know if you need any other information.

1 answer

Hi Jordan,

Unfortunately, there's no way to set custom permissions using IF/THEN statements. You might have some success using the Issue Security Schemes ( In addition, though you can't default issue security by user, there is an open feature request for that (that I encourage you to go and vote for/comment on) over at that also has some suggested work arounds.

Alternatively, you might want to look into setting up distinct projects for these groups, so that each one can have a specific permission scheme.

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

157 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot