Set group of people to view in Tempo

MarcoC March 14, 2013

Hi!

I'm using JIRA+Tempo.

In my configuration, if I open the timesheet of an issues, i can see the plantime and worklog of all the users. I have 50 users, so it is not the best for me.

What can I do for set that a user can see only the worklog and plantime of the users of his group? (I have put all the 50 users in different groups, about 8-10 groups...)

Regards,

Marco

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anson Hoyt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Any user with the "Browse Projects" permission can view issues within a project. You have several ways to manage which users and groups have browse permission.

No Field-Level Control

Jira doesn't provide a mechanism for field-level security, so you can't give someone access to an issue, but prevent them from seeing worklogs. Atlassian won't implement field-level permissions. For their reasons, see:

Managing Issue Access

You can take it from here, but you might do something like...

• Revoke public's "Browse Projects" permission from the Default Permission Scheme, so all projects are hidden from the public.
  • Grant your projects' User role the browse projects permission, then add individual users or groups to the project they need to view worklogs for. Keep in mind, these users can see all fields for issues you give them access to.

Managing Tempo Access

While you can't limit access to the worklog field, you can limit who has access to view Tempo timesheets. Check out the "Tempo Time Tracking" section on https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Tempo+Permissions

This may not be the fine-grained control many people would like (including myself), but it is what is available today.

MarcoC March 14, 2013

Thank you very much for your answer. Now I start to study what could be the best solution for me.

Marco

Anson Hoyt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

You mentioned that you have assigned these 50 users to several Jira groups. If you place each group in a Tempo team, then Tempo users (with permissions to view teams) can see a timesheet report for just that team. This would solve "50 users on the same page". Details at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Manage+Teams

MarcoC March 14, 2013

No Field-Level Control: OK, I can't do nothing about this

Managing Issue Access: All the projects can't be hidden from the public. In my organization all the users have to see all the projects and all the issues, becose everyone can log work on any issue.

Managing Tempo Access: all the users use the timesheet...

I know that it could be not very useful what I need, but this issue for me is"Vacation". I have the worklog from every user, so 50 users in the same page for me are too much...

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2013

That's actually a very good question... I'm using Tempo for almost a year now, but I haven't discovered how you can do that... Every user on Jira can see the worklogs added by other users on the issue worklog tab :-/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events