Set Parent Version

Blargo March 10, 2012

Migrated our data from FogBugz. It brought in all of our version (which is great). Now, I would like to update all of my Versions to have the correct Parent.

The version we have are like:

I'd like to set .12, .13, .14 to all be under 3.0.9. However, I can not seem to find a way to fix an existing version. New versions that I add I can set the parent, but not existing cases.

Additionally, what table is the parent stored in within the database? If I can update all my version in bulk, that'd be best (I have 500 in there that I'd like to clean up).

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jakub Pierzchała
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2012

Hi Biargo

This is quite easy. Just go to the Greenhopper planning board, and doubleclick the version to expand its "card". In your scenario it should display "None" next to the parent. Click it and it should become editable and you should be able to choose the version from the dropdown menu :)

Blargo March 11, 2012

That was the trick! Thanks Jakub!

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2012

While viewing the versions in the GH (in planning board view), if you keep the mouse over the Parent field, are you not getting a pencil icon? Do you have project admin rights on the project that you are working with?

I am not sure about directly manipulating the database.

Blargo March 10, 2012

Thanks for the reply Renjith!

I get the pencil icon, but when I click it, all I can do is change the title/name of the version... That's it, no option to set the parent version.

I am setup as the JIRA Administrator, so I think that means I am set as the project admin also. Right?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2012

Can you attach a screenshot?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events