Send mails by events

Robi Anton March 15, 2016

Hellow, 

On my workflow I trigger an event to send e-mail notifications.

I receive mails only if active on my profile "Notify me".

Is it a possibility that an admin activate this option for some groups of users?

Thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2016

Not without some coding.

JIRA does not have any flag for "notify me" on your profile.  (There is one to say "do not email me about changes I make myself", but that only applies when you are the one triggering the event).

So you'd need to code to add that flag, and then amend the notification system so that it destroys notifications for people who have set the flag.

Robi Anton March 15, 2016

Than you Nic, 

But how do I code the flag? Any tutorial? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2016

There are three ways to approach this

1.  Hack the core user handling code to enable the flag, and then hack the core notification system to be aware of it.  I do not recommend that, as you'll be unsupported and need to repeat on every change or upgrade.
  2. Write an add-on that can add the flag for people to set, and write an add-on to send emails that you want to send (mostly replacing the notification system)
  3. Write an add-on that can add the flag, and then get one of the email add-ons (such as JEMH or JETI) that can send the email and potentially read your flag

For 2 and 3, start at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/getting-started/getting-started-with-plugins2

Suggest an answer