Send Email to Customers via JIRA

Deleted user March 27, 2012

Hi,

we would like to send an email to customers when we create an issue. How can I do it ?

Moreover, how can we install a plugin without the system administrator user ?

For informations, we are trying JIRA and we are very satisfied by the use of this Bug Tracker.

Thanks for all.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lrobertson39
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2012

Hi,

To send an email to all customers when an issue is created would be done through the Notification Scheme. All customer users would ideally be within a specific user group

I dont think it is possible to install a plugin without the system administrator user, nearly all plugins require Jira to be re-indexed when installed even when installed through the UI. Some plugins may also need Jira to the restarted, such as the Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager plugin.

**Reindex and reboot on Jira 4.4 and below, as Andy says, this should be fixed in Jira 5

Deleted user March 28, 2012

But my customer must be a JIRA user ?

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2012

Lets define 'JIRA users'. To be clear, a JIRA account registration (where a user 'id' and associated email exist within JIRA) can be part of notification schemes (a registration does not take a JIRA seat). A JIRA account registration with the right to login to JIRA (membership of say jira-users) does take a JIRA seat.

Naturally giving users the ability to login to make full use of JIRA features is desireable, but may not be plausible on cost grounds.

1 vote
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2012

As Luke says, you'll need to use JIRA notification schemes, normally this would include the reporter. In order to do that out of the box, you'll be needing to enable user creation, which will take a JIRA seat. Depending on your JIRA license type and customer base, using a JIRA seat may or may not be appropriate for you, there is JEMH, which can do some interesting things around user creation and notifications.

Installing plugins is certainly a jira-administrator task, though I would say that reindexing is usually only required for plugins that add fields, eg custom fields. JIRA 5 made all (?) plugin modules reloadable, removing the need for reboots that plagued 4.x, as a result I'm pretty sure UPM doesn't need a reboo, I did it earlier today without a problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events