Security levels within issues...

stuart-donaghy April 10, 2014

Hi,

I've configured my JIRA on demand to use two levels of security following all the guidelines suggested however when I go to edit the issue I don't see these, all I see are the usual suspects for specifying the security level; i.e. All users or project role x. Why can't I see my simple public or private?

Thanks,

Bob

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2014

So check the following again:

• Your project uses an issue security scheme (i.e. My Project Issue Security Scheme)
  • The scheme contains two levels : publc and private (and nothing else)
  • These levels include your current user
  • Project's permission scheme has "Set Issue Security" permission enabled for your user
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2014

It will help if you can decribe your project's configuration so we can probably spot an error, otherwise it's hard to guess what could be the problem

I created a security schema with two levels:

* Public with user, service desk team and service desk customers project roles

* Private with developers and administrator project roles

The set issue security is associated with administrator and developer project roles and current assignee.

Under issue security within my project my scheme has been associated with the project in question and shows the two levels and the project roles they relate to.

On the issue page I see security level with public (which is the default) and no option to change it. I'm logged in as an administrator. When I edit the issue at the bottom there is an open padlock icon with viewable by all users next to it. Options are for all users or specific roles.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2014

So the problem is that you can't set issue security ?

If yes then just use "Where is my field" helper to see why you can't see the security level field

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Admin+Helper#JIRAAdminHelper-FieldHelper

Thank you. Feel like Homer Simpson...doh! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events