Security Alert notification was not sent to all contacts listed as technical contacts

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

This morning my manager got notified by a security alert regarding Confluence.

Still, I didn't get the same email even if I am also listed as technical contact for our licenses.

For this reason I can assume that only the main contact gets the notification regarding security alerts, that's very wrong.

Note: I tried to search (google) for a place where someone can subscribe/unsubscribe from security alters from atlassian but I wasn't able to find one.

3 answers

0 votes
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

The notification was sent "11 September 2012 14:02" more than an hour ago.

Still, I did not get my email.

For normal emails, this would not be a problem, but security alerts should go with "priority mail service" ;)

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

Hi Sorin,

The emails are sent out in blocks so as not to overload our mail servers by emailing every contact simultaneously, so I personally only just received the email in my inbox a few minutes ago and presumably you will also receive it obver the next few hours. If you really don't get the email, (be sure to check your spam filters), then please let us know through either an email or a support ticket so that we can investigate the issue but you should also receive the email as a Technical Contact so if you don't then there is a problem we need to investigate.

All the best,
John

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

I got it like 10 min ago...

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

My email sorin.sbarnea at citrix dot com -- I checked spam, it is not there.

0 votes
K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

That seems certainly like an issue of great concern. What was the alert notification about as none of us here receive any notification?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events