Search for words in a different order

Ioana Curta February 23, 2015

Hi,

Is there a way in which you can search for words in a different order than they are in the title of the Confluence article and get a match result?

For example, if I look for test case but the title of the Confluence article is 'case test' then it won't find me this article.

Thank you in advance!

Ioana

2 answers

0 votes
Ioana Curta February 24, 2015

Thank you so much, Stephen! This is really helpful when I try to search for Confluence's search bar. I haven't explained it fully: I have an article in which I included 100 names and  a Live search option (this is the name of the key included in the article body). If I use this key, the option suggested by you doesn't work.

So is there any way i can search within an article, for the titles included in there, with that Live search key so that i can find all the articles that include some key words even if they are not in the exact order as in the actual name?

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you so much again for your help!

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

Hi Ioana,

try doing a search like "title:test AND title:case".

That should find both "test case" and "case test".

(note that the capitalization of AND is important)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events