Search for a Page's Creator OR for Pages with No Content

Star Date: Sunny Afternoon 0.1

Chaps,

I want to do the following:

1. find all the pages created by a certain user
  2. find all pages that have either no content or less than, say, 20 words

I've had a look in the user docs and here and can't find anything that gives me what I'm looking for.

Do you have the answer to my questions? If so, please respond by entering your answer below.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

Assuming we are using a later version, the following SQL will work for creator. Depending on the DB type it may need to be altered (I am using MySQL).

SELECT * FROM content WHERE CREATOR='username' AND PREVVER IS NULL AND CONTENTTYPE='PAGE';

And then this should bring back smaller pages that have less then 50 characters but can be adjusted of course. And again, may need to be adjusted depenind on the DB in use.

SELECT C.TITLE, C.CONTENTID FROM BODYCONTENT B, content C WHERE C.PREVVER IS NULL AND C.CONTENTTYPE='PAGE' AND length(B.BODY)<50;

Andrew, thanks, I'll investigate that and see what the IT team can do.

Cheers.

The Reporting plugin from ServiceRocket (nee CustomWare) is capable of doing the analysis you've requested.

This recipe would be a good start point for #2: http://docs.servicerocket.com/display/REPORT/Listing+Contents+with+Specific+Text+or+Macro

If you already have this plugin, let us know and I can offer you some more tips.

Charles,

No we don't, but I'll investigate it.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

107 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you