Search Result Returns Wrong Assignee

Jack Lim January 16, 2013

I have an ongoing issue where Jira returns the wrong Assignee when i search for issues using the assigned to me search filter

Refer to the first screenshot, the search result indicates the assignee as test-manager.

However this is incorrect as it should display the assignee as myself (Jack Lim). (Refer to the second screenshot)

I believe this to be a bug and it's affecting the ability for users to make use of the issues assigned to me search filter.

3 answers

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2013

Please check your workflow Settings

Post Function-->Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.

Assign the issue to the XXX condition Should Before Re-index

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2013

I met the same problem

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2013

Hi Jack

I am not able to view the screenshot. By the way, have you try reindexing : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Search+Indexing ?

Jack Lim January 16, 2013

Hi,

The re index seemed to fix the issue, however it requires me to manually trigger re-index (as you mentioned) for it to acutally work.

Is there anyway for it to be done automatically?, it doesnt seem to make sense for me to perform a reindex every few hours..

Suggest an answer