Script Runner Send a custom email From email address set to reporter

Hi. I would like to use the send a custom email built in script in my transition and have it sent from the reporters email address so that the recipients can email the reporter in a reply versus sending back to a static email address. Is this possible? I tried putting issue.reporter.emailAddress in the field but it throws an error for not being a valid email address.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Not possible atm - you can enter an RFE if you like: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV - or make the customisation yourself.

Could I create a script file and run that script on transition to do it? If so, is there a template I can use for the custom email script so I can just modify it myself to add the issue reporter as the From field? Or is there a way to see the script that I already generated using the Custom Email built in functionality?

Could I create a script file and run that script on transition to do it? If so, is there a template I can use for the custom email script so I can just modify it myself to add the issue reporter as the From field? Or is there a way to see the script that I already generated using the Custom Email built in functionality?

Henning Tietgens Community Champion May 15, 2013

If you select a built-in script there is a link to the source file on the page (in the colored box).

See it now. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 5 hours ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

69 views 4 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you