Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO between crowd and Confluence and JIRA

Karin Huegele October 21, 2012

Hello,

I just upgraded to crowd 2.5.1, jira 5.1.6 and confluence 4.3.1. JIRA and Confluence seem to be using Crowd for authentication. However JIRA/Confluence does not seem to recognize existing session. If I login to Confluence and open a new window for JIRA, I am prompted to login again. Is this the expected behavior, or is there a way to prevent JIRA from asking the user to login again when they are already logged in to another crowd application?

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2012

On top of what Lucas said, this documentation might be beneficial for you in troubleshooting process

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2012

Hi Avenar,

Are you using different FQDNs in JIRA and Confluence? If both JIRA and Confluence have the same FQDN or have no context path, you're probably facing the problem described in this JIRA KB (it also happens in SSO environments). This link will help you to set properly your domains for using Crowd.

I hope it helps!

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events