SSO between crowd and Confluence and JIRA

Hello,

I just upgraded to crowd 2.5.1, jira 5.1.6 and confluence 4.3.1. JIRA and Confluence seem to be using Crowd for authentication. However JIRA/Confluence does not seem to recognize existing session. If I login to Confluence and open a new window for JIRA, I am prompted to login again. Is this the expected behavior, or is there a way to prevent JIRA from asking the user to login again when they are already logged in to another crowd application?

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Avenar,

Are you using different FQDNs in JIRA and Confluence? If both JIRA and Confluence have the same FQDN or have no context path, you're probably facing the problem described in this JIRA KB (it also happens in SSO environments). This link will help you to set properly your domains for using Crowd.

I hope it helps!

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

This widget could not be displayed.

On top of what Lucas said, this documentation might be beneficial for you in troubleshooting process

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

140 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you