SSAE-16 SOC

Brian Young May 28, 2014

How can I get an SOC from Atlassian for our SSAE-16 audit? We use several Atlassian products: JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user May 29, 2014

Like Nic, I think you're asking the wrong people - it's not up to Atlassian, it's for an independent auditor to do.

A SAS 70 audit can only be performed by an independent certified public accountant (CPA) or firm. CPA firms that perform SAS 70 audits must adhere to specific professional standards established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Licensed public accounting firms are required to follow specific guidance related to planning, execution, and supervision of the audit procedures and the reporting of the results of the audit. In addition, public accounting firms are required to undergo a peer review to ensure that their firm's audits are conducted in accordance with the applicable professional standards. Specific practicing requirements may vary depending on the requirements of the applicable State Board and/or other governing bodies. ... from

http://sas70.com/sas70_faqs.html

(There are no FAQs specifically for SSAE-16, all the links go to the above).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2014

Mmm, well, talking in unknown TLA/FLAs isn't going to help much - most people here are simply going to ignore it. (Society for the Study of Ancient Egypt? I'm really not sure a System On a Chip or a Scottish Ornithologist are what you want here)

I've got a rough idea of what you mean of course, and the answer is pretty much that you will need to do it for yourself. Atlassian write software, and it's up to the end-users to evaluate whether it's suitable for any particular purpose. They don't have the time or money to go chasing every single possible local certification for whatever.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events