SQL query to identify popular pages?

I am having some trouble putting together a specific SQL query using the SQL plugin.

I'd like to run a query on the 10 pages with the highest number of comments created in the past week. This gives us a good sense of where the conversation is happening on our wiki.

I know this has to be possible, but I'm not having any luck.

Ideally, the output would be like this:

<th class="confluenceTh" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 13pt; color: #003366; background-color: #f0f0f0; text-align: left; vertical-align: top; min-width: 0.6em; border-width: 1px; border-color: #dddddd; border-style: solid; padding: 5px;">Page title</th><th class="confluenceTh" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 13pt; color: #003366; background-color: #f0f0f0; text-align: left; vertical-align: top; min-width: 0.6em; border-width: 1px; border-color: #dddddd; border-style: solid; padding: 5px;">Comments created in past week</th>
Where to find Waldo 50
Carmen Miranda - fact or fiction? 35
Oregon Trail comes to Kansas 25
etc.
Can someone help me with setting up the query? I have searched the SQL plugin pages and found lots of helpful queries, but not this.

1 answer

1 accepted

select
(select c2.title from content as c2 where c2.contentid = c1.pageid) as "Page title",
count(*) as "Comments created in past week"
from content as c1
where c1.pageid is not null and c1.contenttype = 'COMMENT' and c1.creationdate > now() - interval '7 days'
group by c1.pageid
order by 2 desc

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

71 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you