SQL Server2008 Config

Tareeq Ali February 7, 2013

Testing the connection I just get loading in the test section do I not get any errors and I do not see any errors in the logs.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tareeq Ali February 12, 2013

Ok I worked with support, found that there were the following errors in the logs;

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/sourceforge/jtds/jdbc/Driver : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Shut down crucible and fisheye, and replaced the JTDS driver I have in my FISHEYE_INST/lib folder from version 1.3.0 to 1.2.7, started up the service and now it works. A quick google of the error and found other people with got that error with the JTDS driver, and rolled back to an earlier on and it resolved the issue for other java/non-atlassian systems.

I am not sure why Confluence runs with the JTDS 1.3.0 driver and crucible+fisheye doesn't, but everything works now.

0 votes

Ok I worked with support, found that there were the following errors in the logs;

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/sourceforge/jtds/jdbc/Driver : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Shut down crucible and fisheye, and replaced the JTDS driver I have in my FISHEYE_INST/lib folder version 1.3.0 with 1.2.7, started up the service and now it works. I quick google of the error and found other people with other systems got that error with the JTDS driver, and rolled back to an earlier on and it resolved the issue.

I am not sure why Confluence runs with the JTDS 1.3.0 driver and crucible+fisheye doesn't, but everything works now.

0 votes
Daniel R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2013

Hello Tareeq Ali,

In order to investigate this issue further please open support request at https://support.atlassian.com (include your version number) and make sure to generate a Support Zip from the Administration menu (Administration >> System Settings >> Atlassian Support Tools >> Support Zip) and attach it to the ticket. The private JIRA instance is configured so that only Atlassian and you have access to the case and therefore it is a more appropriate location for us to gather any required system and/or configuration data from you. Also, make a comment on the support request referencing this post so the resolution can subsequently be posted back here for the benefit of the community.

Thanks,

Shut down crucible and fisheye, and replaced the JTDS driver I have in my FISHEYE_INST/lib folder version 1.3.0 with 1.2.7, started up the service and now it works. I quick google of the error and found other people with other systems got that error with the JTDS driver, and rolled back to an earlier on and it resolved the issue.

0 votes
twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2013

I'm assuming you're referring to the stage of setup where you deploy the database. If all you see is "loading", I'd verify that you have network connectivity from the server to the db.

A simple telnet to 1443 goes a long way in determining connectivity.

Tareeq Ali February 8, 2013

Yes I already did that, yes I can telnet into the port, plus I have confluence running on the server, which also connects to the same SQL server. I have attempted to load the same JTDS .jar file that I have setup with confluence, by putting it into the FISHEYE_INST/lib directory (/opt/crucible/lib). I have the same problem, with the bundeled or user supplied jtds jar file. If I change to another database type, at least I get an error stating the connection failed, for the SQL server 2005 and 2008 it just sits there spinning, no error or anything else starting that it worked or failed. So when I do a test connection for SQL Server and point it to localhost, it just sits there at loading, no errors. Even went as far as turning debug on but I don't see any errors in the logs using log scanner. Its as if it doesn't do anything at all. I have attached what I get when I pick a MySQL database

This is the expected result, however when I pick SQL server it just sits there at loading, I tried it out earlier today, and it sat there loading for hours. I already have confluence running on this server connecting to this SQL server.

twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2013

How are you starting confluence? Service or startup.bat?

What's the cpu state of the server during the "Hang"? Is it high or low?

Tareeq Ali February 8, 2013

Confluence is started as a service, which is created by the confluence installer. I have crucible and fisheye running as service as well, creating a an init.d script that runs as the fisheye user that I have.

When I run the test, top shows me very little cpu usage, the max I ever saw cpu usage by the java process from the crucible user is 1%.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events