SQL Server database collation sequence

Martin Burton February 27, 2013

Hi,

We would like to migrate our Crucible & Fisheye system to use a SQL Server database as that is our company standard.

How critical is it that the SQL Server, rather than just the database, be configured to use the Latin1_General_CS_AS collation set, as stated in the documentation. Our corporate server is set to sql_latin1_general_cp1_ci_as, so to meet this requirement we would need a new SQL Server instance, at considerable cost.

Also, Is it possible to estimate how much space the database would consume once the migration is completed?

Martin.

2 answers

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2013

Hi Martin,

As far as I know, you can specify the collation for database schema as soon as you starts creating it.

When I want to set the collation for the new schema, I just select it on the database side.

Le us know if this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Martin Burton March 18, 2013

Thanks for this.

Does anybody have any ideas about how much database space will be required, based on the size of the Crucible directory?

Martin.

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

Hi Martin,

Please refer to this comment, I believe it will aswer your question.

Cheers

0 votes
fadric smith May 12, 2013

Hi,

SQL Server Users, if any case your SQL server database has been corrupted or damage. then don’t worry for SQL Database recovery, try SQL Recovery Software which is best for recovery purpose of SQL server MDF, NDF and LDF file format 100% safe and secure. for more info: http://www.articlesbase.com/software-articles/sql-database-recovery-assured-with-technical-intellect-application-6538100.html

Demo: http://123dl.org/dl.php?id=4

Thanks & Regards

Fadric Smith

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events