SMTP correctly configured but emails not sent

Luigi Vaira January 23, 2013

I've configured SMTP for sending emails. Configuration seems to be ok: when I test it, I receive the message Your test message has been sent successfully to <email address="">.. However, I don't receive ANY email. How could I solve this problem?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luigi Vaira January 29, 2013

Problem was not due to JIRA. There was a problem with GMail service that flagged my server ip as "suspicious"... :-/ Thanks anyway.

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Have you checked a few things in Jira?

• Does the project have a notification scheme?
  • Have you looked at the Mail Queue to see if the messages are being sent?
  • Is your workflow sending events?

Best go through the troubleshooting guide and come to us with more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA041/Troubleshoot+Mail+Notification+Problems

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

Also.... if you are just testing your own emails... have you swicthed of the option where users get notified of their own events?

Administration > Issues > User Settings > User Preferences: Notify users of their own changes? -> NO

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

check your outbound mailserver settings, is it configured correctly, are there email addresses where there should be?

Suggest an answer