SIL Script Field content used to assign the issue via post-function

Marco Colageo June 3, 2013

Hi community,

I've set two custom fields named Team and Sub-Sys and then a SIL Script field named Expert(SIL).

The Expert(SIL) field uses the Team and the Sub-Sys choiches to retrieve the name of the expert. When creating a new issue, I request both Team and Sub-Sys fields so that the Expert(SIL) is available since the issue creation.

I would like to use the Expert(SIL) content into a post-function to automatically assign the issue to the Expert. I've been trying with the Copy Value From Other Field post-function that unfortunately does not work because, I guess, the Expert(SIL) content is not available off-line.

Any workaround?

Regards

Marco

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

Hi Marco,

SIL Script field is a calculated CF whose internal structure may be (is, for sure!) not known to your Copy Value From Other Field postfunction (but should be, see below).

1. The problem you are facing can be easily treated with JJupin (we do support our own fields :) ). However, JJupin is paid.

2. An alternative solution is to create your own postfunction using Java or even ScriptRunner; the value inside SIlScriptCF is a plain string (there can be more returns, each returned value is separated by "|").

If you ask me what I would recommend, I would definitely say (1 *- see note), but this depends on the budget, etc. Anyway, I'm not trying to make a sale here (see option 2) and do not be afraid to mail us directly, you will for sure receive help.

Marco Colageo June 3, 2013

Thanks Radu for the advise. Your plug-in seems really cool. I would definitely check it out.

Marco

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

* - we believe we have quite a nice plugin here (and we're improving the UI right now, so it's going to be even better, soon!)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events