SEVERE errors when stopping stash

Soma November 30, 2012

Hello,

I run this evaluation version of stash on my PC, windows 7. I installed the latest java version 1.7.0_09 from Oracle during the STASH installation process, an I had already installed git version 1.7.11.msysgit.1 on this PC.

When I start stash ( with the help of start-stash /fg ), it starts quite slow... but at the end it starts with no visible problems. When catalina is running, I get connection to stash via localhost, can create projects, repositories, etc... so it seems that it works. However, when I stop stash ( CTRL-C then stop-stash ), it sends out a lot of SEVERE marked messages, indicating possible memory leaks. I attach two of the logs: one is made by Stash, the other is a handmade copy of the command window... could you tell me where the problem is ? Also, could you indicate whether I can find somewhere the APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path:... mentioned in your INFO message, please.

Thanks and regards

Tibor

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2012

Hi Tibor,

Do the severe error you see on the logs are like these:

SEVERE: A web application appears to have started a thread named [com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#0] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

If so, it's in fact an issue with Tomcat and not with Stash itself, but it's harmless. You can see more details here, it's a Confluence documentation, but it's the same for all application using Tomcat.

Cheers

Soma December 5, 2012

Hi Tiago,

Yes, the log looks like as you quoted. Thank you for the answer.

Cheer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events