Running STASH as service

Jared Goodpasture January 20, 2013

I'm trying to install STASH as a service and i get the message that it could not be started, the service specific error is 0.

The help documentation that I've been able to find references this being a problem with it finding msvcr71.dll from the jdk 1.6 installation.

I'm using jdk 1.7 and it appears that msvcr71.dll is replaced by msvcr100.dll. I've used it in the same way the troubleshooting techniques suggest using msvcr71.dll with adding the path to PATH and copying it to system32, but neither seem to work. Is there something else I need to do?

3 answers

1 vote
Elvir Hadzic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

Had the same problem. For me, this was the solution:

If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows and a 64-bit JVM, then the tomcat7.exe and tcnative-1.dll binaries in the /bin directory need to be replaced with their .x64 counterparts.

The files are allready in the bin folder and have the ending *.x64 which you obviously have to replace with exe/dll

0 votes
Sanne Korzec July 2, 2014

Run start-stash.bat from the command line. (in the stash bin folder)

and check your console for warnings or errors. Might be something simple as an unitialized

JAVA_HOME environment variable...

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2013

Hi,

Please check this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Running+Stash+as+a+Windows+service

If you still have this problem, please raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com.

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events