Run SIL script on View issue page

salman_kagzi May 19, 2014

Is it possible to run a SIL script on a view issue page and display a Global message (using lfGlobalMessage) on View Issue screen?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi Salman,

Yes, it is possible to run a Live Fields SIL script on any screen. By default, a live fields SIL script associated to certain projects will execute on all issue screens for the given projects.

You can control on which screens to execute your SIL script using the argv["screen"] parameter inside your script. For example, if you want a live fields SIL script to execute only on the view issue screen your code should be:

if(argv["screen"] == "view") {

//your code here

}

You can find more details about accessing the current screen inside your scripts here:

http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUPIN/Accessing+the+current+screen

Regards,

Alex

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

No, at the moment there is no support for the link issue screen in live fields.

salman_kagzi May 21, 2014

Thanks! That works like a charm. I also see that it can identify transistion screens.

Is it also possible to identify if it is the Link Issue screen somehow?

Like # people like this

Trying to restrct the options in Link types for specific issue types! I figure if I can identify link issue screen, that can be done easily.

I have looked into Validations based on conditions but that does not solve my problem, whoithout having to write a spearate validation plugin. And in case, after creating an issue, user can go to link page and change things which wont be validated through that plugin anyway.

So I recon, if I can limit the options itself, chances of things going wrong will be reduced.

Any possible work arounds?

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2014

What are you trying to do on the Link Issue screen?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events