Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotated photos from iPhone

Jim July 30, 2013
I have a user who has taken photos with an upsidedown iPhone. When viewed on the iPhone or a Mac the photos view just fine, as the iPhone or Mac compensates and shows them in the way you might want. Once uploaded to Kingfluence, however, they render in the original upsidedown view. There s no way to anticipate this on a Mac. Works fine on Android. Anyone else ever seen this? Should I just tell my users to switch to Android or am I missing something? Confleunce 5...

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jim August 1, 2013

The solution we have found is to rotate the photos by 360° (that is, all the way around, a full circle). Then it works just fine. Strange.

Johnathan Lucky September 27, 2016

Strange but an easy work around thanks!

0 votes
Stacy Markel September 11, 2018

You don't need to install any plug-in for it. However, there are plug-ins to help you through this.

All you need to do is to rotate the image by 360 degrees and you will have a rotated image.

If you have further queries for your Apple devices visit Apple ID Customer Service

0 votes
CelesteCS April 6, 2015

Hello,
Have a look at the following plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.celestecs.confluence.image-lossless-rotator.

It rotates images lossless, which means the image quality and file size are not changed. Additionally it can rotate images based on EXIF orientation tag, so to fix iPhone photos orientation you will have to simply press one button.
I believe that is what you need.

0 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2013

This is a known issue, which is being tracked here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-17621

This is really a web browser issue, rather than an issue with Confluence itself. Confluence sends the complete image information to the browser, but then the browser doesn't rotate the image when it renders it.

Jim's workaround documented above works :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events