Roadmap Issue

Arak Khan December 22, 2015

I'm trying to get a roadmap to up and running. Please can you tell me if it’s a version issue or is there some sort of configuration that I need to turn on.

When we define new functionality in our product we create stories and within a story various sub-tasks which we create an estimate against.

We then track time spent against the sub-tasks, which means we don’t allocated an estimate or remaining time to the story, we allow the “Include Sub-Tasks” check box to perform a rollup.

However it appears that the BigPicture RoadMap function does work that way and requires the “estimate and remaining estimate” fields to be populated.  This won’t work for us as it doubles up on the time.

image003.png

Can you confirm if this is a defect or is there is some sort of configuration that needs to be applied.

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2015
Hi,

The current version of Roadmap (the one you have) indeed does not roll up sub-tasks into their parents. You can turn on the aggregation of Epics, which will aggregate Story Points for Epics, but you have a different workflow (you use Stories->Subtasks instead of Epics->Stories). Time tracking indeed works on estimates (by design, in fact it was a feature made using our Custom Development team and the customer specifically wanted estimates to be used).

However, in January we will be releasing the new and improved Roadmap module We find your feedback extremely valuable and will try to include the options you need if possible. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events