Restricting setting items status

Josip Maslać May 25, 2017

Hi,

trying out your plugin and finding it very useful. Great work!

Currently using it for Acceptance Criteria and DoD lists and found out by accident that although I've restricted who can edit checklist anybody can mark/change item status. I went through the documentation and found out that that's a "feature" - it is only possible to restrict who can edit the items in the list, but not also to restrict who can update their status -> checked/not checked (last paragraph in https://okapya.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CHK/Editing+a+Checklist).

I was expecting those settings would also "cover" status update permissions.
If something like that would not be a good solution then I sugest adding additional configuration options to restrict who can update item status - similar to permission configuration that is currently available for editing items (ie. something like "Assignee Can Change Items Status", "Items Change Status Roles").

We have a setup where issues can be closed only when all the mandatory DoD items are checked, but that's kinda pointless if anybody can check them.
We have a "In verification" status and the idea is that only the current assignee or somebody with "Project owner" role can check DoD liste ie. verify the issue and then close it.
I'm guessing we're not the only one who would benefit from something like this.

1 answer

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 7, 2017

Hi Josip,

Sorry for the late reply. Another customer mentioned that lately so we have added it to the backlog for a future release.

Josip Maslać June 8, 2017

Hi,

thanks for replying and more important adding it to the backlog.

Hopefully it can be implemented soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events