Restrict the ability to execute a test in Zephyr

clair clark November 20, 2013

I have a set up one of our users as read only.

I require them to view tests, but not to execute them.

How do I remove the execute button for either a single user of a group?

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Vevin Kumar October 27, 2014

Is there a way to hide the 'Execute' button for all users?

I want my users to manually go to 'More Actions -> Add to Test Cycles' and then click on the 'E' button near the test cycle which is listed on the page. Is there any way for me to hide the 'Execute' button from all tests?

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

Hi Clair,

Zephyr for JIRA inherets JIRA's permissions. We do not have a way on our side to disable or remove the execute button from a specific user or specific group of users at this time.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Andreas Beekma April 8, 2015

It is now 08.04.2015 possible to disable or remove the execute button in Zephyr?

Arjun Hazari July 29, 2016

Hi...

Is the functionality of hiding the "Execute" button based on the status of a testcase is available with zephyr now ??

This is a critical requirement for our customer, who is evaluating Zephyr..

Thanks..

Like Minh Tan Hoang likes this
Minh Tan Hoang November 5, 2018

Hi Arjun,

I got the same problem. Could you please share with me if you have any solution?

Thanks!

Arjun Hazari November 16, 2018

@Minh Tan Hoang Basically we revoked the permission of the user from the Permission scheme in Jira which fixed our issue I think you can also do that.

Hope this works :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events