Restrict Sprint Scope/draggable bar in GreenHopper to certain users, but allow for all users to view Sprint Board

Andrew Chan January 31, 2013

The developers in my group are often confused on how to use the new Sprint Board. On more than one occasion they've dragged a Sprint's ending bar thinking that it was a scrollbar allowing them to see more of their items (when in My Issues filter). Can I allow them to see the Sprint Board but not edit it?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2013

By Sprint Board, do you mean Plan Mode? The permission that dictates whether or not a user can rank or drag issues on the planning board is the Schedule Issues project permission. So if you remove that permission from your developers, they would not be able to rank issues.

If you're speaking of the Work Mode, then this is based on your workflows and you'll want to add conditions to your workflow to control this.

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2013

Suggest an answer