Restore a Jira On-Demand Backup to a local downloaded instance.

Hi there, we are trying to do a local restore of a backup we made with our On-Demand instance of Jira.

We get this error:

Errors

• The xml data you are trying to import seems to be from a newer version of JIRA. This will not work.

This is the version we are using locally (latest as far as we know): v5.1.4#783-sha1:a7d8d2c

Can someone help please?

2 answers

1 accepted

This worked really well, but the attachments are not there. I did check the attachments checkbox when I was backing up and the attachments are in the zip. Any solution for this problem?

Do you see any errors in the Jira logs?

If you are importing by project, what does your pre-import report tell you?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup

If you are restoring a full backup make sure specified where to get the attachments from and where to write the attachments to. Also check that the write area is writable by Jira.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+Data#RestoringData-restoreattachments

So, I rebooted the server and now it's really bad. I get this upgrade error:

JIRA Access Constraints

You cannot access JIRA at present.

<th width="40%">Description</th><th width="10%">Time</th><th>Level</th><th width="40%">Exception</th>

Failed to start due to your data being too old to be able to be upgraded by this version of JIRA.

Database version is: 60

Minimum version required is: 4.0-#466

You are running: 5.1.4#783-sha1:a7d8d2c5c246cbbb4ffca1b8350df93f9d8a2b57

For information on how to upgrade your data, please see our documentation.

2012-09-13 11:31:16 error
An error occurred performing JIRA upgrade 2012-09-13 11:34:18 error
Exception thrown during upgrade: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:FieldScreen][id,1][description,Allows to update all system fields.][name,Default Screen] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO public.fieldscreen (ID, NAME, DESCRIPTION) VALUES (?, ?, ?) (ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "pk_fieldscreen"
  Detail: Key (id)=(1) already exists.))
com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:FieldScreen][id,1][description,Allows to update all system fields.][name,Default Screen] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO public.fieldscreen (ID, NAME, DESCRIPTION) VALUES (?, ?, ?) (ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "pk_fieldscreen"
  Detail: Key (id)=(1) already exists.))
	at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.createValue(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:379)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.DefaultFieldScreenStore.createFieldScreen(DefaultFieldScreenStore.java:72)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.CachingFieldScreenStore.createFieldScreen(CachingFieldScreenStore.java:70)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.DefaultFieldScreenManager.createFieldScreen(DefaultFieldScreenManager.java:62)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.FieldScreenImpl.store(FieldScreenImpl.j

Here is what I see. First, if you followed the post in the answer you should be running a Jira 5.2-m4 version but you are still running your original Jira version of 5.1. So I am guessing you have a 5.2 database being accessed by Jira 5.1.

You are probably getting duplicate keys due to this mixture.

So get yourself running again on the 5.2 release with a clean install and database and try importing your data checking the logs to see why your attachments did not load up.

You were right. For some reason, I managed to skip reading over the first article you posted (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/JIRA+OnDemand+export+does+not+import+into+standalone+JIRA ). EAP relase worked pretty good. I still had to manually copy the attachments and avatars. I almost have everything working now. I am now struggling with the System Admin's password. Thanks for all your help, this has not been easy.

All I see in the log is this:

2012-09-14 14:17:28,101 INFO [http-8090-4] [confluence.security.login.DefaultLoginManager] recordLoginFailure 
Failed login attempt for user 'sysadmin':
  Request URL: http://developers.intelli-focus.com/confluence/dologin.action
  User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_1) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.89 Safari/537.1
  Remote Address: 127.0.0.1

I've followed the https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights and none of the options work.

So, I ran into an article that talks about how this should be done before the backup is restored.

Norman, can you help with this please? I kinda feel like doing everything from scratch again anyway. For the 6th time...

Thanks agian.

I found my answer. As far as I can figure it out, this has to be done as soon as you restore. So, your first log in. Change the password once you are in. And don't forget it :) before you config your email server settings.

<h6>To log in for the first time after the import:</h6>
  • Use the following credentials to log in:
    • user: sysadmin
    • password: sysadmin

Was not online until now. I am glad it all worked.

This widget could not be displayed.
Hi Alen, I'd hit the "poke atlassian" button and raise a support ticket. For Confluence there's a specific download for transferring to the download version, but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent download for JIRA. Andrew.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

131 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you