Resource Management tool that integrates with JIRA

Naama Lev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2016

Hi All, 

Does anyone have idea for a good resource management tool hat integrates with JIRA (Except Portfolio)

Thanks!

Naama

1 answer

0 votes
Oleh Vasyliv October 27, 2016

Hi Naama,

ActivityTimeline add-on is capable of resource management and tracking: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.activitytimeline.plugin

Thanks,

Oleh

Yi Voon Phan September 3, 2018

@Oleh Vasyliv, Hi, do we need to install plugin in order to have the visibility over the resources availability and management? Any other ways to do it without plugin in jira? thank you. 

Yi Voon Phan September 4, 2018

Snip20180904_9.pngSnip20180904_8.pngHi @Oleh Vasyliv, there are some questions required your help to clarify:

1. may i know why i do not have the filters bar in my trial??

2. And so far, only my account and issues are sync into the timeline panel, how do i sync other users workload / availability into the timeline panel? are they required to login and use the plugin then only their issues would be able to be seen in the panel?

thank you. 

Oleh Vasyliv September 4, 2018

Hi @Yi Voon Phan

First of all, thank you for starting the evaluation of ActivityTimeline add-on!

The screenshot you provided means that your user has "Extra Limited User Role" in ActivityTimeline that blocks you from accessing the filtering/grouping/administration and other features. This role also limits you to see only issues, which are assigned to your user only.

You may need to contact your JIRA/ActivityTimeline administrator and him/her should remove the "Extra Limited User Role" from your account (at ActivityTimeline Dashboard -> Configuration -> Users -> Edit user page). 

Afterwards, you should re-login into ActivityTimeline for the new roles to take effect.

Thanks,

Oleh

user-roles.png

Yi Voon Phan September 4, 2018

@Oleh Vasyliv , Hi Oleh, sorry i could not find the above page. I only able to locate below page for user settings. Can you please advise?

Another question, if i ask my admin to try this plugin, should they install this add-on before they try to use? or i can just send them this activity timeline for them to access what i can access currently?

Snip20180905_3.png

Oleh Vasyliv September 5, 2018

@Yi Voon Phan, I have attached a screenshot with an annotation. Basically, you open the Users page and then click on "Edit" link to edit user's setting.

In terms of the second question - both ways are possible:

You may just share the link to the current ActivityTimeline instance and they can login into it or you may ask your admin to install and configure ActivityTimeline on the company's server.

user-serrings.png

Yi Voon Phan September 5, 2018

@Oleh Vasyliv, Hi, as below screenshot, not sure why do not have the "edit" field? Any idea? Do you use telegram or email?Snip20180906_3.png

Oleh Vasyliv September 6, 2018

@Yi Voon Phan, thanks for attaching a screenshot. 

You are currently in a Bulk Edit mode that allows to select multiple users, an action and apply it to multiple users at once.

So, you should switch back to the regular users edit mode by clicking on "Edit mode" link on Users page (like on a screenshot below).

Also you may contact tech support at support[at]activitytimeline.com.

bulk-mode.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events