Resolution : unresolved

Poojase June 20, 2017

I am creating a incident, the resolution (down the status) is always unresolved in all the status(Open, Inprogress and Resolved).

Please help me out.

Regards,

Kishor MK

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user June 29, 2017

I have the same kind of problem, and am Admin myself.

@Nic,
You sound quite imperatival. It would help when you explain a little bit about what is wrong exactly.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2017

Part of the tone was because this question was posted several times by allegedly different accounts, as though a company had taken a contract to support JIRA without knowing what they were doing, and had got in loads of non-experts to do an expert's job.

Also, it clearly shows no effort to bother to search for any solution, and there's probably too little explanation of what the question really is.  There are hundreds of questions here about resolutions being broken, and I wasn't going to repeat them.

The response is correct, and aimed at getting them to prevent further damage before looking at the root cause

Deleted user June 30, 2017

I see... In that case I understand your tone of voice.

I did find the solution for my 'resolution'-problem, although I think sometimes it's hard to find some basic stuff like this in the Jira-documentation.

To find out that you need a Post function on a Workflow to change the resolution is quite difficult. I do understand that there are raised 'hundreds of questions' about this...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

Your admins have broken your system.

You must remove the resolution field from all of your Create and Edit screens immediately.

You should also check the list of resolutions in Admin -> Issues -> Resolution.  If you have "unresolved" listed, you must rename it to something like "do not use this" immediately.

Check and fix both of these things as soon as, then we can start talking about undoing the damage in your data.

Suggest an answer