Resolution shows Unresolved in search view when issues has a resolution

Peter Friberg February 19, 2013

Since we upgraded from 5.0 to 5.2.6 we experience that the resolution show Unresolved on ~50% of our issues in the search view. Looking at issue details, it shows resolution Fixed and has a resolution date.

The following query:

project = POK AND issuetype = Bug AND resolution = Unresolved AND affectedVersion < 9.0 AND priority = 2-High

Gives a result like this:

T Key Summary Status P Resolution Created Updated Resolved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug POK-20826 Client get stuck Verified 2-High Unresolved 2013-02-11 2013-02-19

This causes major confusion, and we need to get this fixed ASAP.

Have tried to use the built-in support tool, but it does not seem to work. You have not responded.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Friberg February 25, 2013

If the issue was edited after the workflow transition, then it was displayed correctly in the search.

The resolution was to move the "Update Issue Field " post function (The Resolution of the issue will be set to Fixed. ) to the top of the list. Then re-index.

By some reason, this was not a problem up to Jira 5.0.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Sounds like an indexing problem... does the issue go away for one particular issue if you edit the issue, then query for it in the issue navigator?

The other thing to test is a full reindex but as that takes a long time and causes an outage I'm suggesting the above.

Peter Friberg February 19, 2013

I think I found the cause. The resolution was set as the last action in a post function (after the reindex issue). It has worked before the upgrade, but I think this changed the rules.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

just to understand it correctly..

you mean your jql result shows wrong results?

if you view POK-20826 the resolution is "Fixed" but issue navigator shows it is Unresolved?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events