Resolution set when editing issue in Greenhopper

Henric Johansson April 16, 2013

Hello.

Whenever we edit an issue in Greenhopper plan mode (maybe others to), not inline, but by pressing "e" on the keyboard for instance, resolution is set and the key has strikethrough. This has not been the case earlier. The field "resolution" is required so it automatically sets it to fixed.

This does not happen when we do inline editing on say description or is we edit the issue in Jira.

Has anyone else had this problem?

This is what we have:

* Atlassian GreenHopper (v6.1.6)

* Atlassian JIRA (v5.2.4.1#846-sha1:7ae4d02)

Kind Regards

/Henric

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henric Johansson May 2, 2013

I actually solved the issue by removing "resolution" from all relevant screens, they were in there, but hidden. This has not been an issue before, so something must have changed. But the problem is solved nonetheless.

3 votes
DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

Have you check your Workflow that use in GreenHopper?

You can try to make a post function that purge content in field 'resolution' in transition. This post-funtion is pre installed in Jira and it's called 'Clear Field Value'.

Hope this helps!

Russ April 16, 2013

Yeah, this is definitely the easiest way to do it (and to add custom post-functions to help better manage your workflows).

I use it in a Test Case workflow to automatically clear the value when we fail things (sets back to open in the dev project) and passed when we pass something. Now all my team has to do it log work :D

Henric Johansson April 16, 2013

Yes, well, that is not really the problem here. I am not trying to do a transition, the bug occurs by just editing the issue. I don't want to add fake transition just to "purge" the resolution field for every step in my workflow.

Maybe this is not the right place to ask this? I suspect that this is a bug, but I wanted to make sure before I filed an actual one.

0 votes
Henric Johansson April 22, 2013

I have filed a bug for this at GHS-8536

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events