Repost: Can not map custom read only fields (Read-only Text Field, Import Id, Bug Import Id) on import of csv data

Maximilian Weißböck September 6, 2012

As Radu Dumitriu closed my question as duplicate without any hint to the question I duplicated and without any hint to as solution - what is not very helpful at all - I repost the question here (why can't I just reopen my original question?)

I want to import data (from polarion) over csv, everything is fine so far, but i can not map the original issue id to any of the available read only custom fields. Regardless what type of read only field I configure, it does not show up on import mapping by the available fields. All other custom fields are there, but non of the read only fields.

5 answers

0 votes

OK, sorry, now I found it. But I do not know what I did so that my original posting is here twice... Sorry again.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

If you do not get it, what should I do ?

0 votes

I just don't get it, sorry. You closed my first post as duplicate, then (as I can't reopen it) I reposted it as I kindly wanted to know where the original is, for which my first post a duplictae shold be. And now you are linking my first post and my repost as the duplicate I'm asking for??? Of corse this is a duplicate... But where is the original question that my first post shold be a duplicta from???

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012
0 votes
Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2012

I suggest you map this field to Issue Id and it will be automatically put into External Issue ID custom field.

JIRA Importers Plugin doesn't allow you to map to any custom field type, only selected custom field types are now recognized and supported and none of the fields you mentioned is supported now.

So if I correctly understand you, I do not need to configure any custom field for mapping the original Issue ID, I only need to map it to the default Issue ID (but this is not the JIRA Issu ID, right?) and it will be mapped automaticaly to a read only field with name External Issue ID?

Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2012

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Actually if Issue ID matches Issue Key of an existing issue in JIRA the issue will be updated - just a friendly warning.

Sadly that does not solve my problem.

I need to import project ABC wit Issue ID ABC-1..n and Project XYZ with Issue ID XYZ-1..m to one Jira Project (lets name it NEW) and JIRA must provide the new issue ID NEW 1..x But I stille need a read only reference to the original issue ID ABC-1 ... and XYZ-1 ... . So how can this be done? I'm shure not the first user with this requirement.

Problem is, issue ID ABC-123 gets mapped to NEW-123 and XYZ-123 also gets mapped to NEW-123, but I need them to be different.

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2012

As Pawel mentioned, you can mapped it to the issue id field at the mapping screen. For eg.

you have a column in csv file named key stored the ABC-1. So in the mapping screen, just map the 2 field:

key ---> Issue Id

After import, the value of key will stored under External Issue Id automatically.

If that didn't work for you, you may want to let us know what version of JIRA you're using at the moment as well as the JIRA Importers Plugin

Well, I mapped it to an ordynary text field, as it seems all read only fields are not supported by jira csv import. imho this is definitly missing.

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2012

I just did a quick test just now and issue id was definitely working except it can be edit. Perhaps the read-only field can be available for all field at the future.

For a workaround, you can try to use JIRA Behaviour Plugin to restrict the field to read-only for certain roles. :)

Suggest an answer