Report with comments - How to?

Rumceisz July 4, 2012

Hi All,

I'd like to make a report from a project in Issue Navigator but we also need the issue comments. How can we get the comments too with the most easiest way. The excel would be the best solution.

So I mean without a plugin or feature.

Can you please suggest?

Thanks in advance!
Rumi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2012

You can't do it without code I'm afraid. The reason there's no "comment" in the issue navigator is that comments can be extremely long, and frequent, and exactly as Jobin says, when I wrote a plugin to show all comments there, it really killed performance (and the formatting wasn't great). When you've got 100 comments on an issue...

The last comment plugin is safe, but you can still get stupidly long comments making a hash of the display for you.

Rumceisz July 5, 2012

Hi Jobin, hi Nic,

thank you for the answers.

@Nic: Anyway can you please provide the code?

In the case of my requester they have only a few comment. 1-2 in every second issues. Of course I will try this for first in our TEST environment.

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2012

You can't export all the comments from issue navigator. I have seen a custom field which stores the last comment but that also won't get you all the comments.

Frankly, it is wise not to try and do this because of the performance issues that comes with it!

Suggest an answer