Removing Remember Me checkbox

gil October 25, 2012

I need help to remove the Remember my login on this computer on the login screen. Our organization has strict security policy not to allow users to remember the password. Please advise how to configure this. Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2012

You did not state which products you are using. Here is what I did for Jira. From a security point of view, hiding the remember-me does not work since the interface is still available or exposed.

You will need to find the file loginform.jsp and edit out the remember-me input checkbox and label.

The downside is each time Jira is updated, you will need to redo these changes.

After you have tested out this change in your test environment and then moved it to production, then access your jira adminstration panel and choose off the system menu the security item. On the left side there should be a link for remember me login. Clear all the login tokens.

If your security officer is alittle more relaxed, then you can set the parameter jira.option.allowcookies property to false in your jira-config.properties

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Disabling+Remember+My+Login+on+this+Computer

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2012

Perhaps some javascript in the JIRA footer, which is a plugin and can be overwritten?

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2012

Hi Gil,

"Remember me" works based on cookies in your browser, to remoke saved logins you just need to clean up the saved cookies in your browser.

Cheers

Suggest an answer