Remote Bitbucket Repo to Heroku

Justin Wilson June 6, 2013

I've signed up for Heroku, and have a full website in a repo I created on BitBucket. How would I clone the repository (or remote?) into heroku, and have everything update on the fly? I'd like to make changes on my machine, and have Heroku update the site every time the BitBucket repo has changed.

2 answers

0 votes
Justin Wilson July 19, 2013

Nevermind then....

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2013

Hi Justin,

You can use Bamboo for this task, creating a plan that checks the Bitbucket changes and triggers a script task that updates Heroku.

To know more about Bamboo, please take a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Getting+started+using+Atlassian+OnDemand

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

Justin Wilson June 10, 2013

Afraid I'm rather confused. Being a novice, I could use a set of instructions. The only things I see in the forums/docs is this: "You can use Bamboo to deploy your Java web application to the Heroku cloud platform." So, what about static websites? I have a static website repo under my BitBucket account, and I understand Heroku has Bamboo as an add-on, but that's as much as I know. I know little as to how to set this all up.

Justin Wilson June 17, 2013

................?

Justin Wilson June 17, 2013

Well, Bamboo appears to not be a free solution, unless I'm mistaken. I'm looking for something free for a small-scale portfolio website. That's really all I need. Is there no other way to hook the source (Bitbucket repo) to Heroku, and have the site update as I push changes?

Justin Wilson June 26, 2013

Still wondering if there's a free way to do this. I'd rather not pay for a service like Bamboo if I can do it for free - hence the whole reason I want to use Heroku instead of a free webhost that doesn't allow SSH or Git. Anyone? Still waiting for a reply...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events