Recurring issues

Diane Arsenault August 6, 2012

I'd like to add recurring issues to my JIRA projects. Have you been successful with this?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rp Subhub
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

There's (paid) The Scheduler plugin. Haven't tried it myself though.

1 vote
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2012

Jelly scripts and the remote API are built-in, but I think the easiest place to start is the Command Line Interface from Bob Swift, it's a great tool. You'd use the createIssue command. Check the 'examples' page:

jira --action createIssue --project "zjiracli" --type "task" --summary "This is content."

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2012
0 votes
CodeDoers March 9, 2015

You can also use Repeating Issues for JIRA https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.codedoers.jira.repeating-issues

This add-on can execute different actions repeatedly for given issue e.g. clone issue, create sub-task in issue, reopen issue

Detlef Steinhäuser [Communardo] March 21, 2016

@CodeDoers: So far, I have had trouble understanding the "Issue workflow". The user documentation do not shows any good examples for this. sad 

A useful scenario for this action is to reopen a single issue at the end of its lifecycle again and again . Copies of this issue will not created and are not necessary.

Not aim of this action is that it triggers a transition in the middle of workflow.

Did I understand that feature correctly?

0 votes
Diane Arsenault August 6, 2012

Hi Jermey,

Yes, as you described: to-do type reminder. Jelly script, CLI and remote API are all new to me so I guess I still have a steep learning curve. I am new and the pm on this project is intense so I hope I can figure it out soon. :)

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2012

What do you mean by 'recurring issues'? Do you mean like a to-do type reminder that gets created once a week, or something like that?

If so, you can run either a Jelly script, or use the JIRA CLI or the remote API with a cron job.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events